I don’t know about you but I’m a side dish kinda gal. I think that is what I love most about buffets and potlucks – all the side dish choices! I get positively giddy. I think I could fill an entire plate up with sides and be as happy as a clam. One of my favorites are these carrots. I remember the first time I made these glazed carrots. My parent’s were visiting. I don’t even remember what I made for supper that night but we needed a side dish. I had baby carrots but I didn’t want to just steam them as I normally would do. I wanted to dress these babies up a little. So in went the butter, then the brown sugar and I decided they needed just a little something more. So in went a touch of fresh maple syrup that my Uncle had brought for me when he was visiting us from Wisconsin and voila!
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 pound baby carrots
In a medium skillet, heat the butter, sugar, and maple syrup over medium heat, stirring until smooth and the butter is melted.
Add the carrots and toss to coat. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender and glazed.
Maple Glazed Carrots
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 300 kcal
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar packed (light or dark)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pound baby carrots or whole carrots chopped into chunks
- In a medium skillet, heat the butter, sugar, and maple syrup over medium heat, stirring until smooth and the butter is melted.
- Add the carrots and toss to coat.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender and glazed.