Add drained pineapple chunks to pot and stir.
Add shredded cheese to cooled pineapple mixture and pour into baking dish.
Spread Ritz cracker topping over pineapple mixture.
Bake in oven for about 30-35 minutes (until topping is golden brown).
Hot Pineapple Casserole
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp . pineapple gelatin mix Jell-O
- 3 tbsp . corn starch
- 1 oz can pineapple tidbits or chunks (in 100% juice not heavy syrup), 20 .
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 1 1/2 sleeves Ritz crackers crushed
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, whisk together water, sugar, 3 tbsp. pineapple gelatin mix, and 3 tbsp. corn starch until thoroughly combined and you get all the lumps out.
- Turn heat up to high and let mixture to come to a boil and thicken.
- Continue to whisk.
- Once thickened, take off heat.
- Drain pineapple chunks thoroughly, setting aside 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Add drained pineapple chunks to pot and stir.
- In a large Ziploc bag, finely crush Ritz crackers.
- Add crushed crackers, melted butter and 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice into a medium bowl and stir until combined.
- Add shredded cheese to cooled pineapple mixture and pour into baking dish.
- Spread Ritz cracker topping over pineapple mixture.
- Bake in oven for about 30-35 minutes (until topping is golden brown.)