Then add in mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
Stir until thoroughly combined.
I like to season it with a little bit of pepper too (this is optional).
Frito Corn Salad
- 1 oz bag frozen corn kernels thawed, 12 .
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp . Taco Seasoning
- 1 oz bag Fritos crushed, 10 1/4 ., regular or chili cheese
- pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine thawed corn, cheese, diced bell pepper and onions.
- Stir well.
- Then add in mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
- Stir until thoroughly combined. Season with pepper (optional)
- Just before serving, stir in crushed Fritos so they stay nice and crunchy.
Recipe NotesSome folks put in half the crushed Fritos at the time they make it, then add the other half in right before serving.
Go with what is easiest for you when making this. Using pre-shredded cheese in a bag works just fine. And if you don't have time to thaw out a bag of corn, then use 2 (15 oz.) cans of corn that are drained really well. Also, for a big bump in flavor, try using the chili cheese or BBQ flavored Fritos.