I’m admittedly a bit sluggish getting back into my routine this new year. Are any of you like that? Or do you just go full throttle into the new year? We had a wonderful Christmas season, and looking back, it always feels like it goes by so quick. But I’m looking forward to this new year with hope. My health was better this past year than the previous one. And as my birthday approaches in a couple of days, I will try hard not to moan about aging. I remember when I was a teenager, one of my elder co-workers told me that aging was not for sissies. Truer words were never spoken! But we all age and so I’m gonna do my best to do it gracefully. I’ll just keep the moaning between me and Gene. Hee hee. I think we have competitions some days on whose back hurts worse in the morning.
I think it is a fun way to plan out your week. It is especially fun if your kids help you menu plan. Hand over this cookbook and maybe let each family member pick a day. Or let them all pick Friday’s meal. It’s always good when you get your whole family involved in the food preparation and menu planning. It may be easier to do it all yourself but when trying to get everyone to the supper table (especially as your kids get older), it’s so sweet when they look forward to it because they are involved.
chopped parsley and chopped sun-dried tomatoes (for topping), optional
Then turn it to the side and cut into about 1-inch cubes.
Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
Saute onion and garlic for a couple of minutes.
Add soup, broth and cream cheese to sauce pan.
Stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
You may need to get in there with a whisk to get any lumps out.
Cover and cook on low for an additional hour.
Note: I did sprinkle this with a little parsley and chopped sun-dried tomatoes to give it some color and a kick of flavor.
Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken
- 1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 packet dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 oz can cream of chicken soup 10.75
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 oz block cream cheese softened, 8 .
- 1 oz box rotini or penne pasta cooked, 16 .
- chopped parsley & hope sun-dried tomatoes for topping (optional)
- Place cubed chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with water (or chicken broth) and dry Italian salad dressing.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and garlic for a couple of minutes. Add condensed soup, broth and cream cheese to sauce pan.
- Stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth (you may need to use a whisk to get any lumps out.)
- Add soup mixture to slow cooker; cover and cook on low setting for an additional hour.
- Do not cook for more than an hour.
- Creamy mixtures do not sit well in slow cookers for long periods of time.
- Add cooked pasta to slow cooker just before serving.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Top with chopped parsley and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Recipe NotesYou could make this on the stovetop by using pre-cooked chicken breasts. Saute onion and garlic in a very deep pan or pot, add cream cheese, Italian dressing mix, soup and broth. Whisk together until smooth. Then add in cooked chicken and cooked pasta. Stir well, cover and cook until everything is heated through. Stirring frequently.