Now, time to assemble the lasagna layers. I am using the Crock Pot Casserole cooker for this recipe. However, you can do this in a 6-quart oval slow cooker as well. Just break up the lasagna noodles as needed to cover any open spaces.
Arrange 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of the alfredo sauce (break noodles to fit.) It’s okay if some of the noodles are slightly layered on top of each other.
Then spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the chicken. I just take a spoon and dot it all around.
Repeat these three same steps two more times (alfredo sauce, noodles, chicken, cheese mixture.) Try to make sure the alfredo sauce covers to the edge of the noodles. This will help the noodles cook properly. Finally, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and dried parsley (optional)
*Cook’s Notes: As you can see in the photo above, I had originally set it for four and half hours. This ended up being too long. It really only took about 3 hours for the lasagna noodles to get tender. Slow cookers are not all the same so my advice is to check your lasagna after 2 1/2 hours then keep an eye on it after that point. This isn’t really a set-it and totally forget-it type crock pot meal.
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- 2 1/2 cups store-bought rotisserie chicken cubed*
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 2 15 oz jars cheesy alfredo sauce I like Ragu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 9-12 lasagna noodles depending on your slow cooker size
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- dried parsley optional
First, cut up your rotisserie chicken. Set aside.
- Next, in a separate bowl combine Italian cheese blend with ricotta cheese.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Finally, in a third bowl, combine both jars of alfredo sauce with water, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Assemble the lasagna layers: Spread 1/4 of the alfredo sauce into the bottom the slow cooker. Arrange 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of the alfredo sauce (break noodles to fit.)
- Spread 1/3 of the chicken on top of lasagna noodles.
- Then spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the chicken.
- Then repeat these same steps two more times (alfredo sauce, noodles, chicken, cheese mixture.) Try to make sure the alfredo sauce covers to the edge of the noodles.
- This will help the noodles cook properly.
- Finally, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and dried parsley (optional.)
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours (or until noodles are tender.)