Around my house we have meals that we call the Working Mom’s Specials. Or in my husband’s case, we call his quick meals the Mailman’s Specials (ummm, because he’s a mailman ya know). It depends on whose cooking that night. It’s usually me but my husband has 2 or 3 go-to meals in his repertoire. These meals are our easy to make meals where we don’t have the time (or energy) to be fussing with a lot of ingredients or making a bunch of dirty dishes to be washed. And truthfully, that is how our weeks go most of the time – busy, busy, busy. I’m adding this next recipe to my Working Mom’s Special collection. It comes from my new favorite Southern Living Cookbook called “What’s for Supper?”
They even give you ideas on what to make as a side dish and how to save time preparing these meals. And all the recipes come with a photo – we love that, right?
Chicken Parmesan Pizzas
- 1 slices frozen garlic bread loaf or 1 box Garlic Texas Toast
- 1/2 cup canned pizza sauce
- 6 deli fried chicken strips or about 10 fried chicken nuggets
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Arrange garlic bread (butter side up) on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake frozen garlic toast for about 3-4 minutes until bread is no longer frozen and just starting to brown on the edges.
- While, the bread is toasting, start dicing up your chicken.
- Cut them up into 1/2-inch pieces.
- When bread is ready, spread sauce on each slice of garlic toast (or loaf, if using)
- Then evenly layer diced chicken on top of sauce.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes just to get that chicken warmed back up.
- Then take out and top each slice with some shredded mozzarella.
- And pop it back into the oven for another 3-4 minutes just until cheese is melted and bubbly.
If using a full loaf of garlic bread you'll want to cook it for about 8-9 minutes.
I was not compensated in any way for this post. I was given a cookbook for free to review.