The Cheesy Bread with a secret…
1 stick butter, softened
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 1/2-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 loaf italian or french bread (or 1 whole small loaf)
dried parsley flakes (optional)
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 stick salted butter softened to room temp.
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 ½-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese depending on how cheesy you like it
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 loaf italian or french bread
- dried parsley flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise, and put one half on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combined softened butter with minced garlic.
- Stir well.
- In another bowl, combine shredded mozzarella cheese with mayonnaise.
- Spread butter/garlic mixture on loaf.
- Next, spread cheese/mayo mixture on top (I find it easiest to do this part with my hands).
- Sprinkle with some dried parsley flakes for a bit of color (optional)
- Bake in 375F degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe NotesCut into slices and serve. Makes half a loaf.
If your garlic cloves are really large, then you can probably get away with only using 2 cloves for this recipe.