Don’t you just love pasta salads? I don’t know what it is about them, but if I see one at a potluck, I am on it faster than a fly on poop. Okay, uh, that wasn’t the best analogy. First rule of food blogging: Do not mention poop on a food blog.
Pasta just seems to call to that basic part of us that wants to be nourished. And this recipe does not disappoint. It is creamy without being heavy and the touch of basil brightens all the flavors and makes it so darn good! Plus, this is such a fun twist on the usual pasta salads that are made with Italian Dressing. I like to call this pasta salad my “New Mom, Potluck, New Neighbor, Work Celebration” Pasta Salad. Okay, okay, I don’t really call it that but it is certainly my go-to pasta salad for all occasions.
Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Pour pasta into a medium-large bowl. Mix together Caesar dressing with Basil Pesto. Pour over pasta and the rest of the ingredients.
Caesar Basil Pasta Salad
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 500 kcal
- 1 16 oz box Rotini Pasta cooked
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cubed
- ¼ cup basil pesto fresh or jarred
- 1 cup creamy caesar dressing
- 2 teaspoons house seasoning (equal parts salt, pepper and garlic powder)
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Pour pasta into a medium-large bowl.
- Mix together Caesar dressing with Basil Pesto.
- Pour over warm pasta and coat throughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
- Cover and place into refrigerator until ready to eat.
Cover and place into refrigerator until ready to eat.