These cakes are the most popular recipes on Mary’s blog. With over 2 million pageviews, you can bet these have been a huge hit with young and old alike! Today, Mary is sharing her Spiced Cake version (to get us all in a fall frame of mind!) Just like the original Chocolate Crazy Cake, this wonderful cake has no eggs, milk or butter – you don’t even need a bowl! Moist and delicious!
1 1/2 cups flour + 2 tablespoons (all-purpose)
1 Tbsp. pumpkin spice
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
5 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup water
- You can double this recipe, just use a 9×13 baking pan.
- Mix the batter in a bowl for neater, easier mixing. Be sure to follow the directions the same way – mixing the dry ingredients then making the depressions for the wet ingredients. Don’t forget to grease you pan.
- 1½ cups flour + 2 Tablespoons (all-purpose)
- 1 Tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8" square baking pan.
- Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients - two small, one larger (see #3 in photo below).
- Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes.
- Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
- Top with your favorite frosting (I use vanilla).