Drain excess grease. Stir in broth…
…and undrained tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked pasta and simmer for 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 (14 oz.) cans beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mafalda or rotini pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (more if desired)
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Brown and crumble ground beef (along with diced onions and garlic) over medium heat.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta and simmer for 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender.
- The longer you simmer the mixture, the more liquid the pasta will absorb.
- So if you want a thicker mixture, just let it simmer longer.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese (I used more than the recipe called for - about a cup).
- Serve and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.