BEST. CAKE. EVER.
I’m gonna start this recipe by saying I am nuts about nuts. Alright now, get your brains outta the gutter! I’m talking about pecans and walnuts and macadamia – you name it. But my absolute favorite is the pecan. And if you love pecans like I do, then ooohhh doggie, you are in for a treat!
Did I mention the butter sauce?
1 (15 0z) box Butter Pecan Cake Mix
1 (16 0z) tub Coconut Pecan Frosting
3/4 cup oil
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped pecansFOR THE SAUCE:
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- FOR THE CAKE
- 1 (15 0z) box Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 1 (16 0z) tub Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl (or your stand mixer bowl), combine all the cake ingredients except for the chopped pecans.
- Don't forget to add the tub of coconut pecan frosting.
- That goes into the cake batter too! Mix well then stir in ½ cup chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Oven times vary but cake should spring back to the touch and be golden brown.
- Or insert a toothpick into the middle it should come out clean.
- For the sauce: In a small pot over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp. Butter.
- Pour in can of sweetened condensed milk with the melted butter and stir.
- Continue to stir until heated thoroughly, then add ½ cup chopped pecans.
- Stir again then take off heat.
- Then spoon this deliciously yummy sauce over individual slices of cake.