It’s a military life for me…
Kickin’ it old school
1 box white cake mix
ingredients called for on cake mix box; egg whites, oil and water
2 1/2 teaspoons mint extract, divided use
green food color
1 jar (16 oz.) hot fudge topping
1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
Andes Creme de Menthe chocolate candies, chopped into pieces
Make cake mix per the directions on the back of the box. Add in 2 tsp. of the mint extract and the green food color. I’m using liquid food coloring here.
Once it is finished baking, allow the cake to cool completely.
This cake will need to be stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 1 box white cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box; egg whites, oil and water
- 2½ teaspoons mint extract, divided use
- green food color
- 1 jar (16 oz.) hot fudge topping
- 1 container (8 0z.) whipped topping, thawed
- Creme de Menthe chocolate candies chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make cake mix per the directions on the back of the box.
- Add in 2 tsp. of mint extract and food color. (about 50)
- If you have the food coloring paste, just add until you reach desired color.
- Pour batter into baking dish and cook for time listed on back of cake mix box.
- Once it is finished baking, allow the cake to cool completely.
- Spread hot fudge sauce on cooled cake.
- For the next layer, add in ½ teaspoon of mint extract and green food coloring
- (about 6-10 drops) to the whipped topping.
- Stir it up.
- Spread whipped topping onto cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped creme de menthe chocolate candies.